How to Run Virtual Teams
For anyone who is trying to run a Virtual Team and make it work, we reveal how you can quickly and easily set up your team and get it working in days.
We dispel the myths about Virtual Teams. Find out how to make your team work now.
For anyone who is trying to run a Virtual Team and make it work, we reveal how you can quickly and easily set up your team and get it working in days.Price: $9.38Price: $7.82
How to Run a Virtual Team
Performance management is just as important in Virtual Teams as teams in the same room. We dispel the myths about Virtual Teams.
- ‘I have the best people on my team. They are all experts in their fields so my team is bound to be great’
- ‘The technology I have is the best (the IT department told me it was)’ so my team will be fine’
- ‘My leadership skills are great (I know this because I’ve run my team in my office successfully for years)’
- ‘My team will work really well because I have people in different locations’
Do you have people in your team who aren’t producing?
Do you have ‘technical experts’ who can’t work with others?
Do you have team members who keep missing deadlines?
Do you have people who want to have all their meetings as face-to-face meetings and don’t like communicating over the phone?
More and more organisations are having to get people who once worked in offices, sitting right next to their colleagues, to work remotely and as part of a virtual team
This booklet, “Virtual Teams – How to Run Them Successfully”, By Judi Williams and Nancy Slessenger, shows you not only how to get your team up and running but also how to keep them going over the long term
Are you having to deal with cultural diversity?
More and more of us work with people of different backgrounds and living in other parts of the world. In this booklet you will discover the key areas you need to focus on to enable members of your team to work smoothly together.
We include a specific check list to guide you.
You get 58 tips and tools including….
- What virtual teams really are
- Where Virtual Teams can work
- The myths about Virtual Working
- What the success of your Virtual Team depends on
- How to start up your Virtual Team
- How to set the goal
- How to pick the right people
- How to run an on-going/long term virtual team
- What to set up procedures for
- Risks you need to manage
- What to do if you can’t have a face to face kick off meeting
- How to facilitate your start up meeting
- How to structure assignments
- How to lead the team day by day
- A check list on what to do each day
- Your role as the Team Leader
- How to manage Stakeholders
- How to run your communication plan
- How to improve your team in the long term
- Which tools to use when and what to use them for
- How to deal with cultural diversity
- What to do when things aren’t working
- How to reduce the chances of conflict within the team
- What to do if you do get conflict in the team