Praise & the Appraisal
Carrying out appraisals and performance reviews should not be difficult, but often it is.
If you are struggling or just want some help, these materials are for you. They cover everything; soup to nuts; right through from the planning to what to do during the following year to make the process work well next time.
Praise and the Appraisal
105 Tips & Techniques to Make Appraisals Work by Nancy SlessengerPrice: $10.00
105 Tips & Techniques to Make Appraisals Work by Nancy Slessenger
This is an easy straightforward guide into how to prepare for and carry out performance reviews and appraisals.
It includes a structure guaranteed to make difficult discussions much easier and leave your team member motivated.
- Do you hate doing appraisals and performance reviews?
- Do you find it really difficult?
- Do you worry about how people will respond?
- Are you concerned about how you will tackle under-performance?
If you do, this booklet is for you. It’s written for those carrying out appraisals and performance reviews and also for those on the receiving end.
In this simple, step by step guide on how to do performance reviews and appraisals you will discover:
- How to plan for the appraisal
- What to do during the year
- How to structure the appraisal
- How to make difficult discussions about performance easy
- How to apply scoring systems, gradings and ratings in a way that is fair and consistent
- How to handle those awkward moments
- What to do if an individual has not achieved their objectives
- How to phrase written comments on a review form
- How to work out a development plan
- How to make the process motivational
Immediate results you can expect when you use Praise and the Appraisal
- You will be clear what you need to do
- You will know how to prepare effectively
- You will be able to handle awkward moments and issues
- You will know what to do during the year to make the process work well
Appraisals are a part of most organisations’ performance management process. Used effectively they can help to improve performance and motivate people. Used badly they can do the reverse.
This booklet contains tips designed to make it easier for you to make the most of the appraisal process and includes a section of Frequently Asked Questions from managers and individuals.
Preview: click the thumbnail to look inside