Deal with Thick-Skinned Rhinos
Rhinos are the people who can never take a hint because they are so thick-skinned.
Find out how to get through that tough hide of theirs.
Difficult People Made Easy
This is the ultimate guide to dealing with and managing difficult people. Sir John Harvey Jones endorsed Nancy's flagship text describing it as an "invaluable help".Price: $0.00
Difficult People Made Easy e-book chapter Rhinos
Rhinos, the people who can never take a hint because they are so thick-skinned. You will discover how to get through that tough hide of theirs.Price: $0.00
How to understand the world of the insensitive person and communicate effectively with them.
This chapter from “Difficult People Made Easy”, a book on dealing with difficult people at work and home, deals with people who seem to be insensitive and rude, or behave in inappropriate ways. You will get help dealing with difficult employees and colleagues. The stereotype is the IT person, or the nerd, and some of my examples are indeed those people, but there are other examples too.
If you need to be able to work with people like this, then you can start to make your life easier right now by downloading this chapter.
You will discover
- Why some people are really thick skinned
- Insensitive behaviour
- Seven areas of skill required for interacting successfully with others
- Why we find it so hard to be straight with insensitive people
- How to give insensitive people feedback that works
- A structure for talking to them so they take notice
- A list of questions you can use
- Plenty of real life examples
- Key behaviours to look out for
- What to do to improve their behaviour
- What you may be doing to make it worse
- Why you shouldn’t take the behaviour personally
These people do not mean to offend or be rude. If we can understand their world a little, it can often make everyone’s lives a great deal easier.
In this chapter you will find out why they behave as they do and some easy ways of communicating more effectively with them.